We offer many different types of dermal filler products that can be used to contour and sculpt facial structure, as well as correct natural volume loss. These products can also be used to correct deep wrinkling that cannot be treated with Neurotoxins alone. As we age, the skin loses elasticity and volume in the mid-face region, resulting in sagging skin, and unwanted folds and shadows. Dermal fillers replace lost volume in a safe, non-surgical manner helping restore or enhance your natural features to provide a more youthful, rested look. Fillers are not just utilized for age related concerns, but can also be used to enhance your natural features including: cheeks, chin and nose.
At DeRoberts Plastic Surgery, Jena Murphy, NP-C, is known for her expertise in the use of dermal filler to enhance volume, define a sharp border, or correct asymmetry in the lips. Your provider will first consult with you prior to injection to determine the best product for you based on your individual goals and desired outcome. We only use the safest injectables made of Hyaluronic acid which is naturally found in your body. Topical numbing is utilized to keep our patients as comfortable as possible during treatment.
Here at DeRoberts Plastic Surgery we are experienced in seeing patients who have been injected elsewhere and are seeking corrective treatment. We offer a product, Hylenex, that is injected to dissolve unwanted filler. Patients may return for re-injection with filler as soon as 2 weeks after dissolving.
Pre and Post Treatment Instructions
- To combat potential bruising and swelling from fillers, we recommend using Arnica products starting three days prior to your injection. These products can be purchased topically or orally over the counter. Our office offers Silagen products which also include Arnica and Bromelain for added effect.
- One week prior to treatment, stop the use of over the counter products that can thin the blood (Aspirin, Motrin, Aleve, Ibuprofen). These medications may increase bruising and bleeding at injection site. If blood thinners are prescribed, do not stop use without authorization from your prescribing physician.
- Refrain from alcohol use two days prior to treatment.
- If possible do not apply makeup prior to your visit. For your safety, the treatment areas will be cleaned prior to injection.
- Continue to avoid blood thinning products (Aspirin, Motrin, Aleve, Ibuprofen, etc.) for 48 hours after treatment. If any discomfort is experienced, Tylenol (Acetaminophen) may be used as directed.
- Do not massage the areas that have been injected, even if you feel lumps or bumps 3 days after injection, these are most likely swelling. If after 3 days, you see lumps or bumps please call our office for instruction on proper massage.
- Do not drink alcohol for 12 hours.
- If bruising occurs you may lightly apply an ice-pack.
While fillers are commonly used and are extremely safe, they are not without possible side effects, which include but are not limited to lumps, tissue reaction, visibility, bruising, and swelling. Many of these issues resolve quickly without treatment, but if you have questions or concerns please call our office at (315)299-5313.
Dermal Fillers We Offer
Juvederm is a smooth dermal filler that’s used to treat smile lines, frown lines, lines around the lips, and it’s also used for plumping the lips. Juvederm typically lasts between 6 and 9 months. Some patients require multiple syringes and appointments to build on the volume and achieve the desired outcome.
Radiesse is a dermal filler used to treat smile lines, frown lines, jaw lines, and other deeper wrinkles. In fact, Radiesse is used for facial reshaping in older patients and can even be used in the hands and cheeks. Radiesse is a bit thicker than most fillers and typically lasts between 9 and 12 months.
$600 /syringe (Hands & Cheeks require two syringes for $1000)
RestylaneRefyne is the thinnest Restylane product in the family. It typically lasts 6-9 months and is usually used on older patients for wrinkles around the mouth and slight boost lip plumping.
RestylaneDefyne, in terms of thickness, is right in the middle of the Restylane family. Defyne lasts about 6-9 months and is used for lip plumping and treating smile and frown lines.
RestylaneLyft is the thickest dermal filler of the Restylane family. RestylaneLyft is typically for patients who have had experience using thinner products and are ready for additional volume. RestylaneLyft is used on the cheeks, deep smile lines, and lip plumping.
$550 /syringe (Cheeks require two syringes for $850)
VERSA is similar to RestylaneRefyne as it is a very thin dermal filler, which makes it great for preventing bruising. VERSA is used for wrinkles around the mouth and slight plumping of the lips.
Bellafill is considered to be a permanent filler as it lasts about five years – some patients even get longer lasting results! This product is for patients who have grown comfortable with their results with shorter acting fillers and want more permanent results. Bellafill can cause some people to have allergic reactions – to combat this, we require patients to come in the office for allergy testing a month prior to injection.
Belotero is a very thin dermal filler. Belotero is typically used to treat acne scars and lasts around three months.
Sculptra Aesthetic is a new type of facial injectable made from poly-L-lactic acid, which helps to replace lost collagen. It helps correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles, and folds, that appear with aging by replacing lost collagen.
CONTACT US TODAY
Book Your Free Consultation